Thursday, November 26, 2015

Attitude of Gratitude! 2015

It's been a little while since I have posted (says every blog post I have ever written). I wanted to take a minute today to reflect on the things in my life that are wonderful. I really do have a lot of them, even if they're hard to notice sometimes.

I did an activity with my students this week where we wrote things that we are grateful for on little leaf cutouts and put them up all around the classroom. I had so much fun reading all of the things that they are grateful for, and now the classroom looks so festive and colorful! Here is a comprehensive list of all the things that they mentioned - spelling and grammar not corrected, and multiples included. 



Food
My family
My food
I am thankful for my friends
For holiday
I am thankful for a dog. And a bed.
Frends
My food and football
I am greatful for a dog, family, and a house with food
Toys
My life
Food and drinks espicily Spite
Clothes
Food
I am thankful for a house
Family
For money
Gardens
Im thankfull for basketball
Im thankfull for my family
Close (clothes)
Im thankfull for close
God

Really, look! It says God! 4 said God and one said allah. I loved it. :)

For family
I am thankfull for food
Food
Family
Family
I am thankful for my dog
Helping mis Jarding
Clothes
God
Help my mom
Food
My mom
And clen up my room
Gods (pretty sure they meant God)
Helping other pepol
Im thankful for food
Amimal’s
I thankful for everything
I am thankful for my family
Family
My house
Clothes house
Food
Family
My dad
Life
Gods
Dogs
Food
I’m thanckfull for food
I’m thanckfull for my dog
I’m thanckfull for my cat.
I’m thanckfull for my famley.
Food
Family and shoes
My family
Drinks and clothes
Parents
Pencils
Tree
House
Food
Games
My home
Shet (I don't think this is supposed to be naughty, but I have no idea what it is really supposed to say. Any ideas??)
I am thankful for piling up leaves with cousins and my brother. And eating junk food with them.
I’m thankful for my Aunt for cooking the turkey and having us over.
I’m thankful for football season.
I’m so thankful for hanging out with cousins.
I’m thankful 4 my family
I’m thankful 4 Ms. Jardine (bonus points for her!)
I’m thankful for being a muslim. (I loved this one. I have some cool cultures in my class)
I’m thankful for allah.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am thankful for sweet students, and the reminder to be appreciative of the little things, like pencils, leaf piles, and trees. I LOVE my job this year. I love my school, because I actually feel appreciated. I love my co-workers, and I love my students because they respect me. They are kind to each other, and make me feel so important and loved! I have just been waiting for a school year that I would enjoy as much as this one.

Now I know you have all been wondering what I contributed to our wall of gratitude leaves. Here are mine, which are maybe slightly less inspirational than my students':


My students loved the junk food one (my new girl that I got on Monday informed me that I am addicted to Dr. Pepper on only the 2nd day of her being in my class. Has this reached problem status yet?? Haha) They also questioned me on the cats one. Notice that none of them wrote cats on theirs, but there are several that say dogs. I am a little outnumbered! 


Anyway... Some things that I did not list that I am grateful for (because... you know, separation of church and state and whatnot) include: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and a Heavenly Father that comforts, watches over me and makes sure that I am not alone during my most difficult trials. I do love my life, and the Gospel that I am privileged to be a part of.


My friend sent me a quote about gratitude the other day. Here it is: 
"Gratitude is a mark of a noble soul and a refined character. We like to be around those who are grateful. They tend to brighten all around them. They make others feel better about themselves. They tend to be more humble, more joyful, more likable."
He said that I am this type of person and it made my day, because I have felt like a bit of a downer and a whiner lately. I think this is a great reminder that you are usually doing better than you feel you are. I know that this quote speaks truth. Thank you so much to each of you that have been a bright spot and support in my life. Keep it up! Continue to brighten those around you, and be that likable person. The world is a better place because of you. :) 

Happy Thanksgiving!

♥, Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment