Sunday, January 1, 2017

Adjectives to Aspire to

Happy New Year! :) Every year I get caught up in the whole "new year, new me" thing. I make a million resolutions, and swear I'm actually going to remember them all year. I think it's great to want to improve yourself, and you should never stop trying to be better, but I also think that I need a new system. 2016 was a very productive year for me. I did a lot of growing up, and I accomplished a lot of my goals. I have a lot to celebrate! Because of that, in 2017 I think I want to focus on the things I already like about myself and strengthen those instead. In Relief Society today, we talked about goal setting and resolutions. The girl giving the lesson talked about a friend of hers that made a list of "I Am" statements and chose to work on one a month, then wrapped it all up by writing about it. I love that idea! I immediately started brainstorming my own list. Some of these I am weaker at than others, so some are ones I want to improve, and others are just something I want to focus on, because they are good things! So here is what I came up with:

I am.....
Productive
Kind
Talented
Patient
Brave
Spiritual
Adventurous
Strong
Joyful
Charitable
Thankful
Enough

If you have any ideas for me on how to live these adjectives to the fullest, please shoot them my way! Here's to a year of introspection. I'm excited. :)
❤,
Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment