Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Whole World is Moving and I'm Standing Still

Lately I've been feeling simultaneously like life is going way too fast for me to keep up with, but also like I'm not moving at all. I don't get it. It's confusing, and sort of exhausting.

I may or may not be afflicted by the Senior-at-BYU/slightly-marriage-hungry syndrome. But in my defense, it's sort of hard not to be when people keep asking how you've been at BYU for 4 years and aren't married yet. I blame it on the height. It also doesn't help that every day I log onto facebook I am alerted to either new engagements or pregnancies. I feel like all those that I knew or once dated (especially those I dated) are getting engaged or married and moving on with their lives. So, guys... If you want to get married, date me (interpret that how you will).

I feel like I am barely keeping afloat with school. 17 credits and the impending practicum are really taking their toll on me. Who needs free time? Oh, wait - me. In that case... Sleep is overrated, right? ;) As I've sat here at my little table in the good ol' library, 2 different people have come and sat with me, finished homework, and left. What am I still doing here?? (Other than writing this blog post, because obviously... This is important).

But don't let me fool you... life is not entirely awful. I am done with all of my homework that is due tonight and tomorrow. I have a few things to tackle for Friday, and I am determined to get all of Monday's homework done as well so I can go out of town with some friends and play all weekend. I desperately need a break.

Also- I went to a book sale at Provo library today and bought 20 books for $20! How cool is that?? I am so excited to keep building up my classroom library and help kids to love reading like I do! :)
That's all for now, folks. I need to get back to the books...

Oh, and in case any of you were curious about the title of this post - Give this song a listen. It's a good one. :)
❤, Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment