Sunday, February 24, 2013

Words to Live By

"Never let your faith be difficult to detect."
- President J. Reuben Clark Jr.

I was reading an article the other day, and this quote really jumped out at me. It made me wonder... Is MY faith difficult to detect? Or can people look at me and know what I stand for? Am I making the right choices to be an accurate example of a follower of Christ?

I know from experience that putting yourself out there and letting people see where you really come from can make you feel super vulnerable. I have never been one to hold up well when my faith is questioned. I have never been entirely comfortable talking to people of another faith and answering questions about my own, whether cynical or not. But I am trying now to step outside of my comfort zone and invite these conversations rather than shy away from them. I realize that it is high time to break out of my shell. I need to let people see me for me, and and a big, albeit scary part of that, is letting them see my faith.

I know that fear will not get me anywhere in this life. This is a revelation I seem to be coming to repeatedly lately.

On this topic, Elder Russel M. Nelson said in the 2011 April conference that "We do not need to let our fears displace our faith. We can combat those fears by strengthening our faith." And I plan to do just that.
I will be brave.
I will be "bold but not overbearing."
I will be an example of the believers! :)

...Wish me luck.
❤, Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment